Friday, January 2, 2009

Observe: I Rant Incoherently!

So, I was going to make a post about tonight's Atlantis. But then I watched it and decided I have almost no opinions on it except: "Zelenka and McKay are being especially homoerotic this episode." and "Crazy!Todd makes me sad. Poor Todd. I just want to huggle him. Except that it would, you know, kill me. But still!"

So, is Crazy!Todd more like Pathetic!Evil!Spike or the crazy dalek from Dalek? I think he's like a cross between the two, because Pathetic!Evil!Spike was funny, but Crazy!Todd isn't, he's just sad. The dalek from Dalek is also sad, but I don't want to hug him. I wanted to hug both Crazy!Todd and Pathetic!Evil!Spike.

Also, I watched the first ten minutes of Sanctuary. I'm really behind because, well, I don't actually like Sanctuary. Amanda Tapping's accent bugs me, as does her hair. Yes, I realize that's not a good reason to dislike the character, and it's not. It just makes it worse. I don't like Magnus because, from what I've seen, she seems kind of...Okay, so she's all "Let's help the abnormals, keep them safe by locking them up in cages! It's right." And I get the whole "protect them" thing, because I'm sure people would hurt them, but she...okay, so episode two or so she goes to talk to this sort of mermaid type abnormal, right, and it just...it looked way too much like she was being kept in a tiny fish tank. And then there's the whole "they are wild animals thing" which I may have misinterpreted. There are actually two characters I like, Big Guy (who's name we may have learned at some point, but if so I missed it) and Henry. I don't particularly like Will, because he just seems sort of...Daniel Lite to me. Like brand name cola, except way worse. The fact that I'm a big fan of actual Daniel probably isn't helping with that. And then there's the CGI, I mean, I was under the impression it was supposed to be really good, so what's with the plastic!werewolf and the mutated furbies?

Okay, done ranting now. I'm going to avoid talking about the vampire blood thing for two reasons: One, I don't really know much about it, and two, it could lead to a Twilight rant.

Vampires. Don't. Sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment