Monday, December 15, 2008

Lessons

I had my first lesson with the tutor today. It was nice, low stress, and it was in the library. A dark room in the library, which was good. I like the tutor, though I wish I knew how to tell her that I know what inclusive means. Seriously, does anyone actually get to high school not knowing what "inclusive" means? That's frightening. It actually said, in the book, it had a definition of inclusive. And exclusive. I mean, come on! Anyway, this woman will be teaching me maths and French, only we didn't have any French work yet, so I had two hours of maths. Which works for me. I'm definitely glad we go one problem at a time, rather than a whole page, for two reasons. One, I don't actually need to do a whole page of problems, I've got it down after about five, tops. Two, because I know from experience that I have to wait longer if we do it by the page. Last year my mum was homeschooling me, and when we did the math we would do problems by the page, then go over them. Except I'd end up waiting about five minutes for her to finish. When we do it by the problem, it at least doesn't feel like such a long wait.

Anyway, here's my lesson schedule as it now stands:

Monday: 1:00-3:00
Thursday: 1:00-3:00

See? Very low stress. I'll have more to do once we get things set up with the other tutor, the one who's doing everything that's not maths or French. He was supposed to email my mum today, but he didn't.

I've also finished the Wizard of Oz- now I just have to find the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment